What are the differences between glass stair railing and traditional stair railing?
- The structure and specification of the product are different. Traditional welded stainless steel handrails are composed of tubes welded on site; while stainless steel stair columns are assembled from steel plates, bottom plates, movable heads, and accessories. The specifications of the new stainless steel stair columns can be customized according to the needs of the venue and customers, including height, thickness, and width; while the traditional welded tube stair handrails will increase the difficulty and restrictions of custom specifications due to the limitation of shape and structure.
- The surface treatment of the product is diversified. The traditional welded stair handrails are almost always mirrored; while the surface treatment of stainless steel handrail columns is more widely used, such as sanding, mirroring, titanium gold, water plating, etc.
- product performance and style. The performance of stainless steel stair columns is more diverse, resulting in changes in style. For example, a glass-hanging handrail column and a steel wire stair handrail column have different performances and use different accessories. The traditional welded stair handrails are single.
- the installation of the product. The traditional welded handrails are all welded on site, there are more railings, it takes a long time to work, and it will cause the construction site to be dirty; the new stainless steel handrail columns are easy to assemble and disassemble, which is very beneficial for large-scale construction projects.
- The appearance of the product. The traditional welded stair handrails are single, but the new stainless steel stair handrails can be customized according to the needs of customers, and the styles are also released from time to time to meet the needs of the market and keep up with the fashion trend of the times.
What kind of glass is the strongest for glass stair railings?
- Tempered safety glass. The strength of tempered glass is 4-5 times higher than that of ordinary flat glass, and the bending strength is 3 times that of ordinary flat glass. Tempered safety glass has good mechanical properties, thermal stability, impact resistance, etc., and can withstand large impacts and temperature changes without bursting. However, the safety after tempering is also greatly reduced, and once it is damaged, it will cause casualties. 2. Wire (network) safety glass. Wired or mesh safety hollow fire windows can expand rapidly when encountering flames to absorb a large amount of heat energy and block the spread of flames, so as to achieve the function of protection. This type of doors and windows is called fire doors or fire windows. 3. Ordinary single-layer float glass windows can also play a certain role in anti-theft after being sealed with rubber strips; The material of the window itself is thin, so its anti-ultraviolet ability is relatively weak, and it is easy to fade and blacken, which will affect the aesthetics; and if it is exposed to the sun for a long time, it will accelerate aging, which will affect the service life and even cause fire accidents!
How much does it cost to install glass stair railing?
Glass stair railings are generally more expensive. Because this kind of handrail made of glass material, the production process is more complicated and the cost is relatively high. And when installing, you also need to consider its load-bearing capacity, safety and aesthetics. So its price is relatively high. Of course, the price of glass stair railings of different specifications and sizes will also be different. If you want to choose this material, it is better to know its approximate price range before deciding whether to buy it.
How do I install glass railings on stairs?
Glass railing is a new type of safety protection facility, which is composed of tempered glass and stainless steel, and is used in the stairs, balconies or corridors of buildings. When in danger, it can play a protective role. So how to install this kind of railing? Let’s take a look with the editor below! First of all, you need to determine the place and size of the installation. If it is installed outdoors, the influence of sunlight also needs to be considered. Secondly, prepare construction materials and corresponding tools and equipment. The last step is to follow the construction steps.
Why are people so fond of glass stair railings in their homes?
Glass stair railings, as the name suggests, are stair railings made of glass. In our daily life, we often see this type of guardrail used in some buildings, such as some shopping malls, supermarkets and other public places. So why do people prefer this type of glass stair railing fence fence? Today we will discuss this issue together! The first thing we need to know is that the reason why glass is used as material to make these handrails or handrails block or something. It is because it has many advantages that other materials cannot match: for example, its weather resistance is better, and it is not easy to age; in addition, its light transmission performance is relatively strong; and its strength is relatively high. So it is very appropriate to use glass to make these handrails and enclosures. But a problem that you may not know is that most of the products such as handrails or enclosures sold on the market are fixed by hot melt adhesive bonding (of course there are some are fixed with screws). If it is used for a long time, it is easy to loosen (especially for those tighter armrests). Therefore, in order to better ensure the safety of the product and prolong its service life, it is necessary to carry out regular inspection and maintenance of such products (especially for those families that have been used for a long time). This problem is solved by waxing them. (Because the wax can play a non-slip role.
What type of glass stair railings look good in houses?
When renovating, we may consider installing a glass stair railing. So do you know what kind of glass stair railing looks good in the house? Glass has a strong sense of transparency, and it has good light transmittance. So when we see the outside scenery indoors, we can clearly see the outside scenery and pedestrians. But we should pay attention to some things when choosing glass stair railings. Because some materials of railings are not durable, such as iron, wood and other materials are relatively fragile, it is easy to be damaged or deformed, etc.; if the selected style is not good, it will also affect the Aesthetics; and if we want to make the home space look bigger, we can choose to use transparent or translucent design styles to decorate our home life.
What are the pros and cons of a glass stair railings？
- The advantages of glass stair railings are that the appearance is stylish and beautiful, the permeability is very good, and the installation is convenient. But its shortcomings are also obvious, that is, fragile and low security. If there is a collision, it is easy to cause the glass to break and cause dangerous accidents. In addition, because the glass itself has the characteristics of light transmission, when the sun shines on it, it will look very dazzling and uncomfortable. And the railings of this material are prone to fog in winter, which will affect the line of sight and cause certain safety hazards. 2. The advantages and disadvantages of the glass staircase column are very obvious, but with the continuous advancement of technology and the improvement of people’s living requirements, many new materials have also appeared in our lives, such as wooden or iron handrails, etc. These are stronger and more durable than traditional metal materials, and at the same time, the price will be much cheaper, so in general, it is recommended that you choose safer iron or wooden handrails!
Are glass stair railings safe?
Glass stair handrails have certain risks, because they are fragile and explosive, so once an accident occurs, it will cause personal injury. In addition, if the installation is improper, there will be a self-explosion phenomenon, causing serious consequences. Therefore, we must operate in accordance with the specifications when installing, so as to avoid accidents that will harm our own personal safety.
How thick should glass railings be?
Among the materials of glass guardrails, tempered glass and laminated glass are more commonly used. Among them, tempered glass has the characteristics of high strength, corrosion resistance and impact resistance, and has a good performance in terms of safety. But tempered glass also has certain defects, that is, it is fragile. Therefore, in order to ensure safety and service life, tempered glass with a thickness of 5 to 6 mm is generally used for production and installation. Although laminated glass has certain advantages in light transmittance and sound insulation effect, it is not as strong as ordinary flat glass and reinforced plastic plate in terms of strength, so it is necessary to avoid damage or deformation caused by collision or friction with metal during use. Therefore, the commonly used thickness of laminated glass is between 3 and 4mm to meet the demand!
Where to buy glass stair railing?
Glass stair railings are generally purchased in large building materials supermarkets, home decoration markets or some large hardware stores, because this kind of glass products are more expensive and of better quality. If you are buying online, you must find a reputable merchant, otherwise you may buy counterfeit or fake products.