What is a glass railing？
The glass railing is the enclosure structure of the building, which consists of rods (such as columns, inclined beams, etc.) and supporting components with greater rigidity (such as horizontal bars, vertical supports, etc.). Its function is to enclose the building and prevent people and objects from falling or flying out. In high-rise buildings, due to the large area and large number of window sash, in order to ensure the indoor lighting and ventilation needs, a large area of glass is often used as a part of the enclosure structure; in addition, this form is often used in some places with special requirements.
Why should you choose a glass railing for your deck or balcony?
In our daily life, we often see that some families design terraces or balconies as glass railings during decoration. In fact, this design method is very good. It can not only protect privacy but also increase indoor lighting. So why do we install glass railings on terraces and balconies? Let’s find out together! Why should we install glass railings on terraces? 1. For safety Glass railings can effectively prevent children from falling from windows. If there are children at home, then parents should pay attention to it. Be sure to lock all the doors and windows in the house so that the children can play alone at home. If there are children in the family, you must remember to install such a guardrail on the balcony! 2. For the sake of beauty, if you have a larger terrace at home, you can plant some flowers and plants on it.
Pros and Cons of Glass Railings for Decks
- The deck glass guardrail has the characteristics of beautiful, generous, and strong permeability. At the same time, it also has a certain degree of safety. It can play a certain protective role in bad weather such as typhoons to avoid damage to the ship; in addition, its wind resistance is relatively strong. Strong, even in the case of strong winds and waves, it will not deform.
- Since the glass material is relatively fragile, daily maintenance needs to be done during use; in addition, if it is used improperly, it will also have a certain impact on the hull.
How much are glass railings for decks?
The price of glass guardrails is generally divided into two types, one is ordinary glass guardrails, and the other is tempered glass guardrails. Among them, the price of ordinary glass guardrails is generally between 100 yuan and 300 yuan; while tempered glass is relatively expensive, around 400 yuan to 800 yuan. Of course, the price of different materials and different specifications will also be different. You can choose the appropriate style according to your needs.
What are the key considerations before choosing a glass railing for deck?
- Safety performance. In wharfs, berths and other places, because there are often vehicles passing by or people walking, its safety must be guaranteed. The safety of the deck glass railing mainly depends on whether its material is strong and how weather-resistant it is. Generally speaking, the corrosion resistance and weather resistance of stainless steel are better; followed by aluminum and wrought iron railings, but their prices are relatively high. In addition, it should be noted that the selection must be based on actual needs. 2. Aesthetics: For some important occasions, the aesthetics is very critical. Because after all, these places are used to display the image of the product. Therefore, if the appearance of the product is not beautiful, it will affect the aesthetics of the whole place.
- Cost control: Although there are many different styles of glass railings to choose from on the market, the cost of different styles is also different.
What installation methods are there to install deck glass railings?
- Fixed installation: This installation method is to fix the glass railing on the steel frame or concrete bracket, and then install the glass railing on the steel frame. This method is simple and convenient, but the strength is not high enough, and it is prone to deformation and damage; and because the connection between the steel frame and the concrete support is fixed by expansion bolts, it may become loose after a long time of use.
- Movable fixed installation: This installation method is to set a height-adjustable base (such as a groove base) on the steel frame or concrete support, and fasten the glass railing with interlayer to the base through screws. on the embedded parts. In this way, the whole fence system can not only have sufficient strength, but also make the whole fence system have better flexibility, adaptability and safety.