The introduction of glass handrails
The glass handrail is a new type of product made of high-quality tempered glass, which has the characteristics of corrosion resistance and impact resistance. It is not only beautiful, generous but also practical. In daily life, glass handrails can be used for partitions in various occasions, such as offices, bathrooms, etc.; they can also be used for furniture decoration; they can also be used for indoor and outdoor decoration and so on.
Features of glass hand rails
- The glass handrail is made of glass fiber reinforced plastic material, which is hot pressed at high temperature. It has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, anti-aging, high strength and easy processing. Moreover, its surface is smooth and flat, it is not easy to scratch the skin of the hand, and it is easy to clean and has a long service life.
- Glass handrails are generally used for partitions and guardrails in interior decoration projects. It not only plays a decorative role but also plays a protective role.
- During the installation process, it is necessary to ensure that the construction personnel are in place for safety measures and have high standards for installation quality.
Glass handrail cost
Glass guardrails are generally made of tempered glass, and the thickness of the tempered glass is above 6mm. The price of tempered glass varies according to different thicknesses. The price of ordinary profiles is between 30 yuan/meter and 50 yuan/meter, while the price of some special specifications (such as round tubes and square tubes) will be higher. In addition, because different installation methods and use environments have different requirements for glass, the price will also be different.
Types of Glass for Glass Railings
There are two types of materials for glass railings: tempered glass and laminated glass. Tempered glass has the characteristics of bending resistance, impact resistance, corrosion resistance, and easy cleaning;
The thickness of the glass
When purchasing, we must first pay attention to the thickness of the glass. Because of the difference in thickness, the price will also vary greatly. Generally speaking, the thicker the glass, the better, but not too thick, the better. If the glass is too thick, it will not only increase the weight but also increase the cost. Therefore, we must choose the appropriate thickness for installation and use when purchasing.
Glass handrail construction technology
- Before the glass handrail is made, the surface treatment of the FRP grating is carried out first, and the oil and dust on the surface of the glass fiber are polished off with sandpaper. Then wash it with detergent or water, wipe it with acetone, alcohol, etc., and then dry it.
- Cut out the corresponding plate (1 meter in length) according to the design size, and then install it on the column according to the requirements of the drawing (note the installation position and height).
- Be sure to maintain levelness during installation to ensure that it is perpendicular to the ground. At the same time, it is necessary to ensure the flatness of each plate to avoid unevenness;
- The method of installing the glass panels on the columns is very simple: put the glass panels on the ground and fix them.
Application of glass handrail
Hotel glass handrails are widely used, such as lobby entrances, stairways, etc. Glass handrails can effectively protect the personal safety of guests; at the same time, they can also play a decorative role, making the whole environment more beautiful and generous.
- Office building
Office glass handrails are used in office areas in office buildings, such as offices and other places. Its role is to protect the personal safety of employees, improve office efficiency, and increase the overall image of the company. Due to the particularity of office buildings, glass handrails are generally installed indoors or outdoors, so they need to be selected and customized according to different occasions.
In residential areas, the application of glass guardrails is mainly reflected in balconies and stairs. Since the balcony is the main place for family activities, its safety is particularly important. If traditional railings are used for enclosure, it will not only reduce the usable area of the space, affect the aesthetics, but also be prone to danger; glass handrails can solve these problems well. At the same time, since the balcony is an open space, the installation of glass guardrails can also play a certain decorative role. In addition, in the residential design, some windows can be transformed into areas such as floor-to-ceiling window sills or observation decks to meet the needs of the owners for leisure and entertainment.